Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summary of Course

I thouroughly injoyed this course despite the sauna factor in the classroom.  The heat made it hard to get inspired to work or go that extra step sometimes but I learned so much.  I really enjoyed learning about the iPod touch Apps that can be used in schools.  There are so many Apps out there that students could benefit from that I will be definately be suggesting this to parents, students and teachers.

The AAC devices were also new to me, which I was surprized about because of our large learning center in our school.  As said before I will definately have some suggestions for our program services team to look into getting some software or incorporating what we have more to facilitate communication.

I enjoyed the fact that we got to work with case studies and had to use the programs to develop something to fit into their program plan.  This was very realistic and it was great to get to work with individuals who were of like minds.  Sometimes we do not get this opportunities in schools and it was great to see how other people with past experiences approached the topic/case studies we were given.

I really hope the next course (AT- access to Literacy) is going to be offered next summer because I feel I would greatly benefit from learning more about teaching literacy and technology to assist learniers with this.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer and finds fun and enjoyable ways to beat this heat!  (But I hope the nice weather continues :))

No comments:

Post a Comment